The Low Down

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Seafood Edition #1: Who's Yo Daddy?

Beachgoers, visitors, and wonderfully welcome guests to the shore... can we have a little chat?

I'm with you. For the first 28 years of my life, I was a guest of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. I took my friends to Lambert's and Lulu's, or some place at the Wharf, and I loved it. I get it.... who doesn't love balls of hot bread flying at your head and/or some loose association to Jimmy Buffett? But, if you are ever tired of paying so much for atmosphere and if you decide that all you really want is some darn good fresh seafood...

I'll be here for you. So, here's my first Seafood Edition*.

J took me out last night for our "Monthary."  (If you come by often, you're going to learn real quick that he is a master date-planner.) Last night we went out to Big Daddy's Grill. It is a favorite to suggestion to out of town guests because it is off the beaten path and the food is good. (Just don't ask me for directions. I will get you lost.)

Other bonuses include live music on the weekends and apples as after-dinner mints. The fried stuff is alright, if that's your thing, (it is often mine,) but I really love the blackened shrimp. The menu is fairly similar to other seafood restaurants around, including the ever popular fried pickles and smoked tuna dip, but I think the quality/freshness is better. It is a little bit of a drive from GS/OB, but worth it. You might want to stop on your way in or out of town.



*Speaking of, have you seen the new Alabama Seafood ads? Aren't they so trendy!? We are coming up in the world, people!

Big Daddy's Grill At Riverpark on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I love seafood! And the food in the picture looks delicious. Can't wait to for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!