The Low Down

Friday, July 6, 2012

Free Book Friday: Pure Poetry

You've already heard me gush about the wonders of the LS2 app. Now, something else I love about the BC Library system, particularly the Fairhope branch: Free Books.

You are judging me right now, so let me explain... The library is constantly taking in donations for its collection. Many of them are (surprisingly) not in hot demand, so they end up going straight to the free shelf. Anyone can pick them up and take them home for keeps. A few weeks ago, I found this delightful book:



It was published in 1934, such a pivotal point in our history! My grandparents were little kids and America (and its popular poetry) were still quite square. It makes me nostalgic for a time I never lived through. I get a giggle from this treasure every time I pick it up. And my favorite part is the running commentary that Ted Malone peppers each page with. I mean, how could you compete with this little gem?

Thank you, Mrs. Myrtle, whoever you are, for parting with this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!